Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Seafoods at Diotay's

When I was making my own list of places to eat in Bacolod, some friends interjected to include Diotay's.  Huh?  Where is that?  That was when I became curious about it.

One day, when I had a few hours to kill, I decided to make a turn at that area at the back of the Provincial Administration Center.  I drove slowly at the narrow street and there were small eateries catering to the employees at the Provincial Capitol.  Until I saw the name "Diotay's".  They were cleaning up the place as it was a Sunday afternoon.  One guy was telling me to come back at 5pm when they open.

I came back the next day when I was able to convince fellow tour guide, Bambi,  to try this new find of mine.  We had head of fish which was cooked sinigang and half of it was grilled.  Since Bambi didn't want to eat pork, I was obliged to order adobong squid.  It was perfect for both of us.  We paid P520 for 3 kinds of cooked seafoods plus rice and drinks.

a wide selection of seafoods

Bambi and myself

This prawn costs P210 when cooked.
The owner, Diotay Magallanes, was just around the place.  In Ilonggo, 'diotay' means tiny or few.  The guy didn't look closer to 'tiny' at all.  I wasn't able to take a photo of him because Bambi and I were busy feeding ourselves.  The eatery has turned a year old last December 2013.

a plate of  cooked scallops is P160

I failed to ask how much this crabs cost.

first time I saw a blue fish that could be eaten
Location:  Gatuslao St., Bacolod City
How to get there: Coming from the Gatuslao St. side of the Provincial Capitol Bldg., go straight North, passing by the Sweet Captel (formerly Kadiwa).  It is on the right side of the street, a few houses away from the Office of the Provincial Veterinary.  If you get lost, just ask around.  You won't miss it!  Enjoy the seafoods!

2 comments:

  1. Ive been to Diotay's twice.. was never really a fan of seafoods but theirs look delicious.. i ate grilled chops and sizzling bangus during my visit there. Very promising..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seafoods are always a welcome treat. Thanks for sharing your experience LadyInsane

    ReplyDelete